Themed Session Presentations
These presentations will be in a session with 3 or more speakers, speaking for 15 – 30 minutes (to be determined once all abstracts have been received) and will be based around one of the listed themes.
- Mahi Tahi – Working Together
- The Network Effect
- The Best of the Chest – ACS, AF, PE and More
- Neurons and Dendrites
- Indigenous Health
- Teaching and Learning
- Extremes of Age
- Ouch! – Trauma
Quick Fire + Poster Presentations
These presentations will be oral presentations of no more than 3 minutes with no more than 3 slides and with an accompanying poster providing more detail of the topic, which the presenter will have an opportunity to stand beside and answer questions at a designated time. While this presentation type is open to anyone, ACEM trainees who wish to complete their Trainee Research Project by presenting a paper should use this presentation type.
- Posters must be portrait A0 size (841x1189mm).
- There is limited space in the poster display area and posters that are produced landscape are unable to be accommodated.
- Mounting fixative will be supplied by the ASM organisers.
- Authors must prepare all posters beforehand in a form enabling easy mounting.
- All posters must be mounted by the author during an allocated time period (of 1-2 hours) prior to the beginning of the poster display, and removed by the designated time.
- Posters should be typed in clear bold print that can be easily read from distances over one metre with the title displayed in block capitals of minimum size 25mm (1″) at the top of the poster. The title should also display the names of the author(s) and the institution(s) of origin.
- Remaining contents may be displayed in columns (usually 3 columns).
- Contents should contain the study purpose/objectives, methods, results and conclusion(s).
- Illustrations should be professionally drawn (hand drawn material will not be accepted).
- All contents should be simple and not overburdened with detail – “minimising detail maximises information transfer”.
- Authors must attend their poster for a designated 1-2 hour period for informal discussion with ASM registrants and judges.
- Authors may provide handout material relating to their poster.