The Australasian College for Emergency Medicine will be looking for enthusiastic and committed medical student volunteers for the 2021 ACEM Annual Scientific Meeting to be held from Sunday 7th – Thursday 11th November 2021 at Te Pae, Christchurch.
Volunteer activities aim to provide an educational benefit for the student e.g., model for ultrasound workshops, assistant for workshops, running microphones for Q&A sessions, and producing social media content throughout sessions. A clear outline and briefing of your role will be provided prior to the commencement of the event.
Student Volunteer expectations:
- Attend briefing meetings
- Participate in volunteer activities for 30-40% of the duration of the Meeting
- Be available for the duration of the Meeting (this may include pre-Meeting workshops which will run from Saturday 6th – Sunday 7th November 2021)
- Complete the tasks for which you have been allocated to the best of your ability
- Follow the instructions of the workshop facilitator, session chair or Meeting Organiser
- Seek clarification if uncertain about anything and report any issues to the Meeting Organiser
Volunteer applications close on Friday 30 July 2021. Notifications will be released in September 2021.
Please note that volunteer opportunities are limited to a small number of successful applicants. In exchange for your time working at the Meeting, successful applicants will receive a complimentary registration and a ticket to the Welcome Reception.